It's super easy to make, I did it while sitting at my desk, and chia seeds are really great for you. Here are some of the benefits of 3-4 tablespoons of chia seeds a day:
- Chia seeds assist with weight loss - they expand in your stomach and thus leave you fuller for longer
- They reduce glucose levels, which can benefit diabetics
- They are packed full of fibre and protein and are gluten free
- They are also packed full of Omega-3, which has been found to help those suffering with mood disorders. Who needs fish oil tablets then right?
- It goes with just about anything! You can have it on your cereal, in your porridge, in a smoothie, on a salad, any which way!
So here is how I made my delicious Chia Pudding. It takes about an hour because you have to wait for the seeds to soak up the liquid, but it's as simple as sitting the dish beside you and stirring it occasionally.
Delicious Chia Pudding
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 3-4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Whatever toppings you want to have with it, whether you want a sweetener like Stevia, cinnamon, berries, etc. I mixed in some organic cashew spread and some berries.
1. Combine the cup of milk with the four chia seeds.
2. You need to stir occasionally otherwise the chia clumps together. Just break up the clumps every now and then. I added the cashew spread early so that it could be soaked in as well. I put a teaspoon in.
The soaking process takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. You will know that it is done when it becomes a gluggy texture and when the seeds stick to your spoon, but not in clumps. It's almost like a gluey porridge, and the seeds are no longer hard.
3. Add in your extras, I put delicious berries in.
THAT'S IT. It's honestly that easy. It makes a fantastic dessert, snack or breakfast. I definitely say it's worth a go. It's good for you and only has 68 calories per tablespoon! Yummmm.